We all know the importance of yoga. Regular yoga practice gives fitness to our body. I would like to share about a few yoga poses which help to improve stamina, body balance and firm for a dancer. I have experienced the poses and improved my fitness as well. Even there are many poses in yoga but these 8 poses are really helpful to bring out the results soon. Continuous three months of practice is must to bring out the best results.
The 8 poses:
- Superbrain yoga
Vrikshasana – Tree Pose
- Stand straight and keep your mind and body calm
- Slowly lift one leg and keep it and the other leg.
- Maintain body balance and slowly lift both the hands and close it above the head.
- Slowly breathe in and out and now do the alternate leg.
Vrikshasana is an excellent yoga pose to improve body balance. A dancer should maintain the body balance without the body balance we are unable to improve the stamina. This pose also helps to strengthen the backbone and increase height.
Trikonasana – Triangle Pose
- Stand in wide opened legs
- Slowly lift the hands and keep straight to the shoulders
- Touch the right leg with the right hand and make a triangle
- Do the alternate for few minutes with the slow breathing process
Trikonasana helps to strengthen the ankles, legs, knees, hip and chest. It helps to correct the dance poses and heals the back pain.
- Stand straight and slowly lift the body along with hands and stand on the toes
- Close the hands above the head and stretch the body
The benefit of tadasana is that it helps in correcting your posture and improves your body balance. It helps in increasing the flexibility of your ankles, thighs and joints. It can tone your hips and abdomen and helps to gain control over your muscular movements.
Super Brain Yoga
We all know what super brain yoga is, actually it is a practice from our old Indian tradition called “Thoopukaranam” we would have done this during our childhood. It has super benefits in it. It helps to activate the brain properly and increases memory power. It develops the inner peace of our mind and body. Regulates the chakras and make us free from anxiety and stress.
- Sit in the butterfly position
- Hold the toes with the hands
- Bend and touch the forehead on the toes
- Hold on and breathe in and breathe out
Bhadrasana is very helpful for legs flexibility and it is a very useful pose for women who are facing uterus problems. It helps to heal the uterus and urinary issues. It activates the Mooladhara chakra and stimulates the reproductive organs.
- Sit and stretch the legs
- Hands up and slowly touch the toes and keep the elbow down
- Touch the forehead on the knees
- Do the breathing process and repeat it
Paschimottanasana is quite difficult to do but it has more benefits in it. It stretches the spine, shoulders and hamstrings. It activates the liver, kidneys, ovaries and uterus.
The word “Dhanur” means archer’s bow in Sanskrit. This pose looks like a bow and that is why it is called as Dhanurasana. A complete backbend and the hands hold the ankle in a lying down position is Dhanurasana. It helps to reduce weight, cures constipation and strengthens the spine and back muscles.
Savasana is a complete meditation pose. Savasana helps to calm down our mind and it switches on the chakras in our body. For a dancer, Savasana helps to create new ideas during choreographies and it builds confidence for the stage performer.
A dancer must have balanced energy flow on the stage up to 2-3 hours for an arangetram. The above yoga poses are very helpful to gain body control, energy flow, concentration and stamina.