Potato – 2 nos
Ginger – 1 inch grated
Cheese – 2 slices
Corn flour/Maida – 8 tsp
Bread Crumbs – 8 tsp
Tomato – 1 nos(Thinly sliced)
Egg – 1 nos (optional)
Pav/Any bun – 1 nos
Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder – 1 pinch
Salt – As needed
Oil/Butter – 5 tsp
- Wash and boil the potatoes. If using cooker cook in medium heat for 4 whistles. If boiling in water, bring water to boil and drop the potatoes and coom for 15 mins. Do not skin the potatoes before boiling.
- Peel the potatoes and mash them using hand or a spoon. Mash them to bring to a paste consistency.
- Add the grated ginger, salt, chili powder, coriander powder to the mashed potato. Set aside till the mixture has completely cooled down (You can even pop it into the freezer for 10 mins)
- Meanwhile, take 1 slice of the cheese and slice it into thin strips or you can grate some bar cheese as well and keep this also in the freezer.
- Take the potato mixture and add the grated cheese and mix well using the spoon or hand.
- Make small balls from the potato cheese mixture, press them to make a small patty.
- Transfer this to the freezer and keep for 30 mins.
- In two small plates, spread the breadcrumbs and flour for dipping, in a shallow bowl beat the egg and reserve aside.
- Take the patties from the freezer, dip the patty in flour then egg then bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat a pan and pour a spoon of oil and once the oil is warm fry the patties both side in medium flame till cooked thoroughly and little crispy.
- Take the pav bun and slit it in half, toast sides using butter. On the toasted side place a tomato slice, cheese slice transfer to pan, and cook covered in low flame till cheese melts for about a minute. Optionally you can also add ketchup, Mayonaise as per your choice. You can also add cucumber, onion, and capsicum along with tomato.
- On top of the melted cheese place the fried patty and press the other half of bun on top.
- Serve with ketchup or any sauce of your choice.