For those of you that have a sweet tooth, this dessert would just hit the spot. It is a very quick and simple sweet and can be made in 5-10 minutes. Below I have given the measurements for 2 people, you can adjust the quantity based on the number of people you are serving. You can also make this with vermicelli (Shouldn’t be cooked)
Cooked pasta – ¾ cup
Milk – 1 cup
Condensed Milk – ½ cup
Cashew – 10 nos
Raisin – 10 nos
Sugar – 3 tsp
Salt – 1 pinch
Grated coconut – ¼ cup
Ghee – 2 tsp
- In a pan add 1 spoon ghee and toasts the cashew and raisin.
When the raisin starts puffing up slowly stir in the milk and cook for 2 minutes.
- When the milk is coming to a boil add in the sugar and salt. Stir till the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile, in a cup take the condensed milk and add a few spoons of water to it till it becomes pourable consistency.
- Do not add too much water or the dessert will become watery.
- Pour this into the pan and cook thoroughly till the condensed milk dissolves.
- Now add in the pasta and mix it. Let it simmer for 3 minutes and absorb some of the sweetness from the mixture.
- Add in the grated coconut and the remaining spoon of ghee and switch it off. Your instant dessert pasta is ready.
–Jansi Diana, Manager